2_1_5 Does not open GUI

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Thanks a lot for the utility, we have been using 2_0_1 every month for patching, works great and is a huge time saver! I tried the new 2_1_5 but it does not open the GUI. When I launch it I get a quick DOS window flash and nothing ever comes up. When I go back to 2_0_1 it runs just fine. I did remember to copy psexec. Are there any new requirements to this verison that we may not have met? Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2013 at 2:25 AM
I am checking into this to see what the issue might be. I didn't change anything in that part of the code that should cause this to happen. If you open powershell.exe with the -STA switch, then it will open up without issue. I'll continue to look into this and see if I can figure it out.
powershell.exe -STA
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2013 at 2:29 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I still have not been able to duplicate this issue. Is this still occurring for you?
Apr 2, 2014 at 5:39 AM
Hi Boe, experienced the same problem with no GUI showing up, turned out that if I had a folder with parentheses () somewhere in the path to the Poshpaigscript it didn't work.

Thanks.