update.vbs fails with 0x80240024

May 30, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Audit works fine, but when I try to install the patches (happens on 10 different servers), the script says that it completed and shows only one patch installed. The log file on the destination server c:\servername_patchlog.csv shows error -2145124316. Googling the hex code 0x80240024 says that there are no updates available. If I open the Automatic Updates window on the destination server, I can see 30+ available updates and I can install them without a problem.

When I manually run the c:\update.vbs script, I am getting the same error. If I debug the update.vbs script using VbsEdit and comment the first line "on error resume next", the script stops at Line 35 "Set installatioResult - installed.Install()", code 80240024, System: Too many files opened for sharing. The updates.Count variable is 0, which means the update.vbs can't find any available updates. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
May 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Nevermind...Our GPO was to "notify for download". Since update.vbs looks for downloaded patches, it reported that there is nothing to be installed.
I had to modify update.vbs to suit my needs instead of changing the GPO. The original script is here.

http://www.akaplan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/InstallCriticalUpdates_vbs.txt

Thanks