Download updates?

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM

The audit is showing server A has "x" updates. When I try to install, the installed field value changes to "1", but audited remains at "x" and notes don't indicate success or failure. Logging into the server, I see the "x" updates available in Windows Update to dl and install. You said the "ideal" scenario is WU downloads the updates, but is that actually a requirement? Doesn't PoshPAIG attempt to download the updates from the WSUS server to install them? Or am I running into a different problem?

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 7:24 PM

This is a requirement to have the updates first downloaded to the clients via the windows update agent. PoshPAIG will only audit the currently pending updates or proceed with the update installation.

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I'm used to using a utility called WuInstall which does the download and install at the same time. I wanted to get away from having that exe on the servers and just using these scripts you've written. Any future plans to add a download component? The pref is to not download any updates until we're ready to install.

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I do have plans to add the ability to download at some point in the future. Unfortuantly, I am unable to give a specific date at this point in time as to when it will be completed. Currently I am working on my PoshChat module for a new update and once that is finished I will rotate back to working on PoshPAIG and that specific feature.